Best Ways to Celebrate Summer in Wayne, NJLocated just around 20 miles off Midtown Manhattan, the town of Wayne used to serve as general Washington’s headquarters during the Revolutionary War, thus playing a very important role in the achievement of America’s independence. The town commemorates its history with many events and entertainment opportunities – here are some:
- Visit Dey Mansion – the building that gave home to Washington’s headquarters has been beautifully restored and is open for the public. A visit to the property in the company of your friends or family is a great way to commemorate Independence Day;
- Visit Terhune Memorial Park – you can get to the park pursuing the easy and beautiful hiking trail;
- Watch the fireworks – no celebration can be complete without watching the fireworks, so make sure you pick a good place in time;
- Host a barbeque – gather your friends and family in your yard and throw some burger paddies, juicy steaks and cubed vegetables on the grill. If you are not very fond of cooking, you can go pot-luck, inviting everyone and asking them to prepare a patriotic dish. You can contribute the beverages and decorate the area with patriotic banners and hand out disposable plates and cups that feature stars and stripes.
- Celebrate summer with a trip to Pinot's Palette and create a fun, unique painting with instruction from talented and friendly local artists!