Summertime Activities for You and Your GrandchildSummer is a special season when grandparents can spend more time with their grandchildren – here are some fun ideas that can make grandchild time really special for you and for the kids as well:
- Camping in the garden – a great activity that young and teen kids enjoy as well, setting up a tent in the yard or in the garden is fun, especially if you can also move into the tent for the night;
- Board games and an indoor treasure hunt for rainy days – games that challenge the mind are excellent for enjoying a rainy day with your teen grandchildren indoors, while hunting for tiny objects hidden around the house is great fun for younger kids;
- Doing girly things together – your girly granddaughter will surely love to play dress-up from your wardrobe;
- A sports event for the boys – grandpas passionate about sports can initiate their grandson (or, why not, their granddaughter, too) in the rules of their favorite game. They can watch a game on television or, even better, they can attend a live event together;
- Create some art together – painting is an activity enjoyable for kids of any age and for adults as well. You can grab a few sheets of canvas, some bottles of paint and brushes to start painting in your yard or go to a painting event together with your grandchild and then show the art that you created to everyone. Better yet, look into painting classes with Pinot's Palette!