Wine-Related Gifts for Wine LoversNo matter the occasion, we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than by giving one of these wine-related gifts to the wine lover in your life. Birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Hanukkah, housewarming, or National Wine Day – they’re all great excuses to surprise the people you care about with something a little extra. What’s great about these gift ideas is that they’re awesome for wine lovers, but they’re fun and unexpected gifts for almost anybody who’s able to enjoy a glass of wine.
WINE CLUB SUBSCRIPTIONS
Membership to a wine delivery service is truly the gift that keeps on giving. The lucky recipient will get a box of new wines to try each month, and you can customize the price point and number of bottles to be delivered in each shipment. It’s a great way to expose a new wine drinker to different varietals and show that you care, all year long. There are lots of companies offering this type of service, but some of the most popular are:
• California Wine Club: https://www....awineclub.com
• Wine of the Month Club: https://www....onthclub.com/
• Winc: https://www.winc.com/
SAY IT WITH STEMWARE
You can never have too many wine glasses or coffee mugs! Seriously, because different wines are best enjoyed out of specific types of glasses, some new stemware might be an actual need. Consider what type of wine your gift-ee drinks most often. Opt for an elegant set of crystal glasses for your sister the Martha-Stewart-wannabe; a quirky, hand-painted number for your artsy aunt; or a set of colorful, stemless acrylic glasses for your BFF who enjoys her chardonnay poolside.
A nice hostess gift, housewarming gift or stocking stuffer is a set of wine glass charms. These wrap around the stems of guests’ glasses so everyone can easily keep track of their drink all night. For stemless wine glasses, you can also find charms that sit over the lip of the glass or stick to the outside.
TOOLS FOR WINE LOVERS
For serious wine drinkers, there are tools designed to allow each varietal to be enjoyed in optimum condition. For example…
• Decanter designed for their favorite wine.
• Bottle aerator.
• Decorative wine stoppers always come in handy, and are just plain fun.
• If the giftee enjoys bubbles, you can also shop for a special stopper made to preserve carbonation. It’ll keep their prosecco from going flat if they can’t finish it all in one go!
• Mechanical chiller is a good gift for the impatient wine lover, or any casual drinker who loves gadgets.
FOOD FOR WINE PAIRING
If your gift recipient is a true wine lover and already has all accoutrements they could want, there’s one gift that’s a surefire win: Food!
• A wine cookbook that has recipes that both use wine as a main ingredient and suggests wines to drink with the finished dishes.
• A gift basket full of foods that are meant to pair with the recipient’s favorite wines.
• A wine-infused cake, or any delicious treat made with wine.