Activities To Do This SummerIt’s that time of year again. School is out. The sun is out longer. Temperatures are rising. Endless opportunities and experiences are awaiting you this summer. Here are a few ideas for you to do with your family, friends, and/or significant other.
5. The Old Market is a beautiful, historical location in downtown Omaha. Spend the day exploring the cobblestone streets, take Instagram-worthy pictures in front of the artsy walls, shop in the unique stores, tour the art galleries, and stop for a bite or drink in some of the local’s favorite restaurants and taverns. There are truly countless possibilities for you in this neighborhood.
4. Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium is a nationally renowned animal conservation and research center. It is currently a contender in USA TODAY 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards for the “Best Zoo”, “Best Zoo Exhibit”, and “Best Safari Park.'' There is something for everyone at Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium because of their wide variety of exhibits.
3. Hot Shops Art Center is an art gallery made up of four different types of studios: Glass Studio, Metal Foundry, Ceramics Studio, and Iron Forge. This place hosts an educational program for people of all ages and offers open hour tours to explore the different studios and admire the art pieces with the artists.
2. Halleck Park is a phenomenal spot if you are looking to spend a day outside (or are a Pokemon Go fan). There are playgrounds for the little ones, a duck pond for fishing or feeding ducks, athletic fields for active people, and gorgeous walking trails. This recreational park is definitely a scene that you should visit at least once this summer.
1. Pinot’s Palette offers you a memorable experience of painting (and drinking if you’re 21+). This is an event that is for everyone, even those who don’t believe they are capable of being artistic. I promise that it’s a whole less frightening than it sounds. Everything is broken down step by step so that it is a great outing for everyone. Pinot’s Palette also provides Kids Camps and specialty classes (more information about those in different blogs).