Sharpie Markers… such a basic art supply that everyone from a carpenter to a chiropractor has one. We mostly use these for making notes, labeling boxes or marking our measurements. Gone are the days of just the basic black, now Sharpie has just about every color in the rainbow including metallic colors. With all these beautiful options, why not get creative? Here are a few of Pinot’s Palette’s favorite Sharpie Art ideas!
1. Jazz up your photos! – Spruce up your home photos with just a plain white mat. Decorate your plain mat with a beautiful sharpie design and place it over your photo.
2. Give life to an old wallet. – If your plain wallet has seen better days, don’t throw it out. Use one of the metallic sharpies and give it a cool chevron pattern or funky polka dots!
3. Decorate a Mug – You can always find an inexpensive set of mugs at a dollar store. Take your plain white mugs and give them life by personalizing them. This would be a great activity for bridesmaids or a starter to girls’ night out.
4. Plate wall Art – If you have a set of plates that are missing a piece, why not turn it into art? Create a beautiful design with a Sharpie on the plate, connect a wall hanger on the back and you’ve just saved yourself serious money if you’ve seen these pieces at Anthropology or Pottery Barn.
5. Watercolor Tiles - With the help of rubbing alcohol, Sharpies make crafty watercolor art. Watching the ink spread to make these beautiful patterns is one the best parts of this project. All you will need is a couple of Sharpies, fabric and painter’s tape. Inexpensive, awesome and even frame worthy.
6. Rocks – clean your rock then decorate it with an inspirational quote, something that makes you laugh or your family motto.
Try one of these fun Sharpie art projects with your family and friends. We need a little bit more creative time in our hectic lives these days! If you would like to have a family day or girls’ night get together, please join us! We have so many exciting classes for you to attend this month!