The Mental, Emotional and General Health Benefits of Drinking WineModerate wine consumption is known to promote health in various ways – here are a few of the beneficial effects that you can enjoy if you drink a glass or two of wine a day:
- Improved cardiovascular health – wine is a natural blood thinner and it can prevent the formation of blood clots that could cause a stroke. Wine is also known to improve circulation and a better blood flow means a healthier heart as well.
- A rich source of antioxidants – antioxidants are our most important allies when it comes to the fight against cancer-causing free radicals. White wine is richer in beneficial antioxidants, but red wine contains a fair amount as well.
- Immune booster – moderate wine consumption can efficiently ward off infections and it contributes to the healthy functioning of the immune system.
- Reduced risk of type-2 diabetes – one of the principle active substances in wine is resveratrol, a phenol with proven effects in reducing inulin resistance, the main cause behind the development of diabetes.
- Improved cognitive functions – wine is beneficial for the brain as well. Red wine contains particles that prevent the neurons in the brain from dying and it can also protect the brain against degenerative conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
So next time you are thinking of a unique way to celebrate a special event or learn something new, think about doing it with wine! Pinot's Palette offers interactive painting classes with helpful instructors, and cocktails are available! Improve your health! Check it out!