How Custom Art Can Spice Up Your Home DecorIf you are trying to figure out how to spice up the design of a plain room, you must know that white walls are the best for starting out and transforming the room to reflect your personal style. You don’t need tons of different items to create your own design – a few signature pieces are sufficient for adding the wow-factor to your room. Here are a few tips to help you when buying or creating custom art for your space:
- Participate in Pinot's Palette art classes for exceptional instruction on how to paint your own home decor artwork. These one of a kind originals can add beauty, creativity, and a personal touch to the walls of your home.
- Consider matching the dominant colors and shapes in the artwork to the accents and shapes in the furnishing items to create harmony;
- Create your own wall painting – try your hand on a white wall. If you are not an experienced painter, try to create a non-figurative wall painting using the color theme you want to feature throughout the room. Don’t be concerned about the outcome – if you don’t like your painting, you can erase it with a bucket of white paint, then start over;
- Use fabrics – you can create your own room décor combining fabrics of various textures. Your fabric creation can double as curtain, sofa cover, rug, even wall decoration;
- Garage sales are great places to find cheap and unique custom art and stylish items for your home – whether it is a lamp, a decorative plate, a brightly colored tablecloth for the focal point of your room, browsing garage sales is an excellent way to get unique items.