Winter CocktailsJust as those cozy scarves and puffy vests start taking up permanent residence in my closet again, visions of family gatherings and holiday parties seem to flood my mind while bringing a special element of cheer to my days.
And just as quickly as I envision that tinsel on the tree, one thing comes to mind: WINTER COCKTAILS.
Oh yes, that's right. Winter cocktails.
The delight of planning my annual cocktail creations might just rival the joy I felt as a kid crafting my Christmas list. And this year, my winter cocktails have been brought to a new level, all thanks to that sweet, creamy liqueur we've grown to love: Baileys.
Who knew that the Irish Whiskey and fresh cream combo could bring so much joy and spirit to the holidays? Get ready to have your mind blown with these new spins on your favorite wintery cocktails.
3 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream
1) Crush and then layer graham crackers a the bottom of a mason jar or cup.
2) Add a layer of mini marshmallows and chocolate sauce (proportion and layer at your leisure).
3) Drizzle 3 oz. of Baileys Original Irish Cream on top for a sweet finish.
~Baileys Espresso Martini~
2 oz. Baileys Espresso Creme Liqueur
0.25 oz. Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
0.25 oz. Espresso
1) Shake over ice.
2) Strain into a martini glass.
~Baileys Egg Nog~
1.25 oz. Baileys Espresso Creme Liqueur
0.25 Irish Whiskey
3 oz. Milk
1 Egg un-whisked (optional)
1) Add ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously.
2) Strain into a glass.
3) Add a pinch of nutmeg to garnish.
4) Add a cinnamon stick to garnish.