With the temperatures outside, I’m sure it’s safe to say that summer is officially here and it doesn’t look like it’s going to cool down anytime soon. That being said, I came up with what I think are the best five ways to beat the heat this summer!
5. Recently I went on a trip to Hawaii. While I was there, I noticed that the grocery store was selling little fans that activate when plugged into your phone. Genius! This really came in handy on the flight home and I have used it multiple times in the most recent weeks.
4. One hack I recently saw that I loved is to buy a fan tall enough to put under your bedsheet. Tape the foot of the sheet to the fan and voila!, you will get a good night’s sleep.
3. One important thing to remember is to STAY HYDRATED! When temperatures are this high, it is so important that you drink more water than normal. One way to do this is to label your water bottle. This will help you gauge how much water you have had and remind you if you need more. Also, don’t forget to make sure your children and pets have lots of water, too!
2. This one never fails… take a cold shower or jump in the lake. This will not only bring down your temperature, but also rinse off the sweat!
1. And my favorite thing to do to cool down is…. Paint at Pinot’s Palette in their super air conditioned studio! The atmosphere is always fun, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the temperature is always great to beat the heat!