Unusual PetsThis weekend, we have a Paint Your Pet class coming up. Wandering down the path of nostalgia, it made me remember the days I had two ducks as pets growing up. Their eggs were great for baking!
(Image credit: https://www....960/image.jpg )
Ducks are a pretty strange pet for a city dweller, but there are stranger animals you can own as pets here in Washington. If you're bored of dogs and want something a little unusual, peruse the list below!
1. Hedgehog. Yes, erase that terrifying CG image of Sonic from your mind and enjoy a cute, pokey li'l hedgehog of your own. It may not break the sound barrier while moving around, but they make up for it by being wonderfully adorable.
2. Peacock. Why settle for parakeet when you can own a peacock? Colourful, beautiful, and their feathers are great for crafts! Toss in a few peahens for variety and have a whole ostentation!
3. Miniature goats. Yes, tiny goats! Why invest in a lawnmower when you can have adorable pygmy to chill with instead?
4. Camel. I mean, you could own a horse. That's pretty unusual, but why stop there? Go for gold and get yourself a humped mount instead! Careful, I hear they spit.
5. Ferrets. Unlike California, we're cool here in Washington. So yes, it's totally fine for you to own a cuddly, kind of stinky ferret. At the very least, you can drop in on your nearest PetCo and hold one for a while.
6. Capybara. Have you ever wanted a gerbil but, like... bigger? Meet the capybara! These big guys are certainly an unusual pet, but have you seen how cute they are? If you're up for a challenge, these may be for you!
Were you hoping to paint your pet, but missed out on this upcoming class? Don't worry, we're holding it again on August 25th! Keep an eye out for it on our calendar! https://www....pokane/events