Kooky for Christmas Cookies!Christmas is just around the corner, and holiday parties have already started. No holiday party is complete without a big old plate of cookies!
Which ones are your favorite? Gingerbread? Chocolate and peppermint? Sugar cookies? They’re all wonderful! And best yet, each can be paired wonderfully with a glass of wine. Now, to make sure you’re having the best holiday party experience, here are some handy pairing ideas.
Food & Wine magazine suggests:
- Prosecco with “simple” cookies, like sugar or shortbread cookies
- Moscato D’Asti with jammy cookies
- Rutherglen Muscat with spicy cookies, like gingerbread
- Madeira for nutty cookies
- And Banyuls for chocolate cookies
This article from Fine Dining Lovers goes into a little bit more detail with ideas, such as whoopee pies and Malbec, chocolate thumbprint cookies and Merlot, or Snowball Cookies and Pinot Grigio.