DIY Chalk Paint Wine GlassesIf you have a set of boring wine glasses that you’re thinking of adding a little unique flair to we would definitely recommend giving DIY chalk paint wine glasses a try! With these glasses you’ll never have to worry about forgetting what glass you were drinking out of, or taking a sip of wine from someone else’s glass by mistake because you can write your name with a nifty piece of chalk at the bottom of the glass. These are super easy to make, and the paint dries pretty quickly! Check out how to make them below.
- Wine glasses
- Chalk paint
- Painter’s tape
- Chalk (if you don’t plan on erasing your name, liquid chalk pens work great, and your name will show up more vibrantly.)
1. Spread your newspaper out on a flat surface. Make 2-3 layers of newspaper to make sure the paint doesn’t bleed through when you sit the glass down to dry.
2. Attach painter’s tape around the stem of your glass about a ½ inch above the base of the glass. (We add this to make sure the dipped part is neat and even.)
3. Dip the base of your glass in the chalk paint. (Make sure you stir your paint a bit when you open the container)
4. Make sure you let all of the excess paint drip off of the glass.
5. Sit the glass down for about an hour to dry completely.
6. After your glass is dry, use chalk to write your name on the base.
We hope you have fun with this DIY project, and feel free to share your finished projects with us on Facebook. Cheers!