Learn Fun and Easy painting techniques in Houston- How to create a WashPinot’s Palette in Memorial City has been around for a while and have taught hundreds of classes! We’ve definitely had a few tips and tricks up our sleeves to share with beginner painters! Pinot’s Palette also has THOUSANDS of different paintings with different painting styles in our painting library. You may be wondering, ‘How can I achieve a watercolor style painting with Acrylic?’ Not to worry, we figured that one out too, and it’s EASY!
A couple of things you’ll need to get started:
- A Canvas
- A paper plate palette
- Large paint brush
- Acrylic paint ( color of your choice)
When you want to achieve the look of soft watercolors, you want to make sure you have more WATER than PAINT!
1. Take the brush and scoop a small amount of paint and put it on your palette plate.
2. Dip the same large brush in your water cup and dribble the water onto the little dollop of paint.
3. Give it a good mix, the mix should be RUNNY! If it’s not runny, there’s not enough water. Remember, MORE WATER THAN PAINT!
4. The final mixture should be light and almost transparent. Now, use the mixture and paint it on your canvas!
5. Work fast! Because it dries quickly
6. DONE!! You now have mastered the watercolor technique using acrylic! Yay!
Now that you’ve learned this particular trick, you are ready to tackle our paintings like a PROFESSIONAL! We have tons of bright and colorful paintings in the upcoming months, join us for a class and show off ‘em skills! Let’s get this paint party started!